Linden NJ Traffic Ticket Attorney
Traffic Offense Lawyers in Linden New Jersey
Thousands of moving traffic offenses in Linden New Jersey result in fines, points and likely escalation in insurance costs. Violations like a Linden reckless driving, driving while suspended, DWI and driving without insurance also result in suspension of your privileges to operate a motor vehicle. You can even be sentenced to jail for some of motor vehicle charges. Accordingly, traffic tickets should not be taken lightly. Effective legal representation from skilled traffic ticket attorney is extremely beneficial. Consider speaking with a lawyer at the Law Offices of Jonathan F. Marshall before trying to resolve your summons alone. Our lawyers at ex-prosecutors who have handled countless traffic and motor vehicle offense cases in Linden Municipal Court. We are extremely familiar with the court system, personnel, and what it takes to secure a downgrade or dismissal of a driving while suspended, possession of CDS in a motor vehicle or other serious motor vehicle violation. Attorneys are standing by to assist you 24/7 at 908-272-1700.
Traffic Ticket in the City of Linden
The New Jersey Traffic Code contains a wide variety of violations that can result in a ticket being issued by the Linden Police Department or state police patrolling the long section of the New Jersey Turnpike (Interstate 95) traversing the City of Linden. The headings that follow summarize some of the common motor vehicle offenses heard in Linden Municipal Court.
- Driving While Intoxicated (DWI). Violating New Jersey’s DWI statute, N.J.S.A. 39:4-50, can lead to a suspension of driving privileges. For a first offense, it can be a 3 to 12 month suspension; 2 years for a second offense; and 10 years for a third offense. In addition, a third conviction for DWI would result in mandatory jail time.
- Driving Without Insurance. Driving without insurance, set forth at N.J.S.A. 39:6B-2, is a very serious offense that could lead to a 1-year minimum suspension of your license. That is why experienced representation is essential if you are charged with driving without insurance. It would not be wise to simply plead guilty without representation. The Marshall Firm can bring all of its experience to bear to avoid the worst consequences of a conviction for driving without insurance.
- Driving While License Suspended or Revoked. Under N.J.S.A. 39-3-40, penalties for driving while suspended increase for each subsequent offense. For example, upon conviction for a second offense, imprisonment from 1 to 5 days is a possibility. On the third offense, imprisonment could be 10 days in county jail. Given the seriousness of the offense, you should contact The Marshall Firm to help you have the charge downgraded or dismissed where possible.
- Reckless and Careless Driving. N.J.S.A. 39:4-96, and 39:4-97 sets forth the law regarding reckless and careless driving. Reckless driving is driving heedlessly, in willful disregard of the safety of others, in a manner to endanger a person or property. Careless driving, which is a lesser form of reckless driving, is driving without due caution and circumspection, or in a manner to endanger a person or property. Penalties can include fines and points against your license.
- Possession of CDS in a Motor Vehicle. An offense that is heard in the Linden Municipal Court much more often than you might think is possession of CDS in a motor vehicle under N.J.S.A. 39:4-49.1. A ticket or summons for this violation is typically issued in tandem with a drug possession charge in Linden. This is one of the most serious traffic offenses someone can face in the City as it results in a mandatory driver’s license suspension of two years for even a first offense.
- Speeding. Speeding is probably the most frequently issued summons in the City of Linden. This is especially true along the Turnpike. Despite the frequency of this motor vehicle violation, it can have considerable impact given the motor vehicle points that are assigned if you are convicted. And when the speed is excessive, it is not uncommon for the municipal court judge in Linden to even suspend your license.
Linden Traffic Ticket Lawyers
When faced with a traffic offense that is greater than a parking ticket, a skilled attorney is an invaluable asset for avoiding the mushroom effect of motor vehicle points, surcharges, skyrocketing insurance premiums and even a suspension. An accomplished solid traffic defense lawyer who is experienced in defending cases in the municipal court of Linden can help you reduce the impact a motor vehicle offense. From getting points against your license reduced to lowering fines and even avoiding a license suspension, a knowledgeable traffic lawyer can save you many headaches down the road. The attorneys at the Law Offices of Jonathan F. Marshall have years of experience in the Linden Municipal Court system and can help you make the best possible decision to resolve your motor vehicle violation. Call 908-272-1700 to get the legal advice you need to make an informed decision on your case.